Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sipping On The Sauce

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and what better way to celebrate than with gravy.
Gravy is the glue that ties a holiday meal together.
A well made gravy or sauce can make a typical meal extraordinary. I am a huge fan. Essentially, gravy is lard, flour and liquid.
Liquid...the key word for today.
I had a dream that I was holding a cup of piping hot gravy. I was sipping on the gravy like a cup of coffee. After taking a sip of the sauce some of it remained in my mustache like whipped cream on a latte. No need for a napkin here...just used my tongue to clear the remnants.
I'm sure by now you have an image in your head.
The dream continues in the doctors office.
Doc: Sir, your cholesterol is extremely high.
Ken: How high?
Doc: Well, your blood isn't moving anymore.
Ken: What! I don't understand. How could this even be possible.
Doc: That's what happens when you drink gravy.
Ken: Gravy? I would nev...uhh...arghhh...ok, so what's the solution?
Doc: You will need to sop it up...Here, take this prescription.
Ken: What is this?
Doc: Hot rolls...eat as many as you would like!
My dreams are in high definition. My dreams are always in full color. My dreams are typically never about food. I'm not a great dream interpreter, but here's what I think my dream was saying to me: Eat all the bread you want and go light on the gravy this holiday season. Shouldn't be too hard...most gravy for the next two months contains the giblets (liver, heart, etc.) of Mr. Turkey. So, this dream must have been a holiday sign from above! Let me be the first to wish you
HAPPY HOLIDAY'S!

No comments:

Post a Comment